VI. THE ELECTION OF HIS SONGS

"I have received on several occasions, very pleased and not without some surprise, flattering words about the repertoire that interpret. The amazement to which I refer does not come from an underestimation of the public, but it is true that most often do not appreciate a song whose lyrics are unable to continue while listening or, in the worst case or applauds. Suscriptos as are twenty or thirty tangos fatigan the Buenos Aires night taste of the innocent tourist who only hear what you sing, it is understandable that some scenarios less pompous and more away from showbussines have become more popular these days.




Indeed, I do not know if this is good news; who spared us from the one singer who, knowing that his audience there is a couple of young Germans will want to make the tribute by singing "Caminito ', for example?. At the risk of being antipática, I would say that I do not want to stop singing the tango "Caminito ', but there are other more than a hundred beautiful tangos whose refrains not resist harangue for coreados throughout the hearing, neither the convidan applause or laughter, but are a caress for the soul and a finding for thought.


It is very likely that these compositions before the tourists suffered not understand a word of what was sung but I am not sure they are the ones who are itching to understand exactly what they hear, but few singers that in his dedication to serving the customer just interpret what they think they will be requested. Thinkers, helpful, it is also possible that others do not know tangos.


So much has been said about the voice of the idleness and I know that I go into a field that now will leave without a scratch as the horde of singers is not intuitive kicking my door at this moment and, as they say, is not here to defend themselves. It is known that on this page to get my sight and sentires pensares and if they know why the election of my repertoire is good to be knowing what they are not going to find in him and why.


I chose to sing essentially what I like, what my voice small and nasal said with genuine desire, what excited me and just makes me happy. About what I like in terms of the world of letters, which will refer not only to tango and the authors cited, but also to others who have marked me to fire from their pages. Salen well as in spades: Borges, Unamuno, Bécquer, Cervantes, Cortazar Pizarnick, O. Wilde, Neruda, B. Fernandez Moreno, O. Peace, Lord Byron, Bioy Casares, Chesterton and some Greeks left on the shelf in order not to succumb to boredom. Based on these readings I have formed my literary tastes, and from there is that I appreciate and elect Manzi, Garcia Jimenez, Silva, Cadícamo, Contursi, Discépolo Le Pera, Celedonio Flores, Charrúa and so many others who are his verses from the argument of my voice.


Already in the no less vast world of sheet music, I would say that throughout the entire jazz and blues like no other option gospel, have influenced my voice and my training in a manner revealing. However, in our folklore, I had my first contact with music and the ways of their melodies, rich as it is in rhythms and cadences. As for the tango, as well as all those who already know and admire, it is sufficient to mention a few names: Demare F. De Caro, Joaquin Mora, A. Bardi Gardel Cobián Pontier, Rosenblatt and many others. Having said that, I can say with pride that I am what I read and heard, and I like what I am."


Victoria

No hay comentarios: