III. BRIEF HISTORY OF A LONG ROAD

"Great bitch! Turns that have life !..."


(From tango "Las vueltas de la vida", of Francisco Canaro and Manuel Romero)





Victory speech:



"My life is marked by a modest paradox that runs and runs through end-to-end: something similar to the one that emerges from the popular saying "God gives bread that has no teeth." To my nearly twelve years of age had the upper and lower jaws sealed due to a disease or congenital malformation called ankylosis temporomandibular. In other words, from my first years of life until the seventh surgery to my eleven years, the margin for opening my mouth was closed due to ossification of muscles that interfere with the movement of the jaw, because I was born with the condyle Left smaller than the right. They were about ten operations over eleven years, not all successful abounded since no cases like mine, so my first five years of operation was supervised by doctors from Honduras. Finally, the late Doctor Muller, the German Hospital, all was right with his talent in the intervention and treatment he needed: my mouth finally opened and closed normally. At the age of twelve and could leave the imprint of my bite into a slice of pizza, biting the flesh of a peach and of course, open my mouth to modulate the new chamamé "Merceditas" or tango "Caminito" two great successes meetings with the family. While the gift of singing emerged from a very small, even before my first performance after five years at the patron saint festivities in San Gabriel, Victoria Moran was born much later, unexpectedly. So I was almost an irony of fate that being the singer of this area of my mouth so fragile for so many years. I never imagined we would sing the grace over time to become my profession, in the bread of my belly and my soul is blessed forever who can work with joy in what he wants. The price of such a struggle today is just a story, just moneditas in relation to everything beautiful that life gave me afterwards."

No hay comentarios: